Beans. People love them. People hate them.
We all know they are healthy for us and packed full of protein and amazing nutrients. I can't express to you enough how much you should at least try to venture into the "bean world". Come join us. Right now a lot of people are going through the withdrawal from meat since our everyday sources are so questionable. If you have watched movies like Food Inc. you will realize that the meat you buy in the grocery stores aren't exactly up to our standards. There are great companies out there like Farmers Bundle located in Saint John, NB that give us hope! Another way to make sure you get all your daily protein is from beans! Let's give it a try...
 Bean Soup
- 2 cups of 13 bean soup mix, soaked overnight, rinsed. (Bob's red Mill)
- 2 liters of water
- 1 can of organic crushed tomato's, no salt added
- 1 cup of brown wild rice
- 5 organic grown carrots, peeled and chopped
- kale, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsbp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp ground flax
1) Soak the beans overnight in a bowl of water. In the morning, drain and rinse the beans.
2) In a large pot, bring the 2 liters of water and beans to a boil. Reduce heat.
3) Add all your rice, beautiful vegetables, herbs and spices.
4) Let simmer for 3-3.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
5) Serve warm. It's nice with a dollop of plain yogurt. Enjoy!
This was the dish I made on Sunday for my week of lunches. I don't get tired of eating the same thing every day for lunch so this method works for me. I also save alot of money by making sure I have a lunch packed everyday for my work day. As I have said before, it is very important to pack a day's worth of snacks as well.
As we all know, eating goes hand and hand with exercise to maintain a healthy figure. I wanted to share with you another Bodyrock workout since these are the workouts I follow every day.
Also, I thought I would share with you a video of me announcing the nominees for The Salty's Social Media Awards (Vote Today!). I was asked to do this video about 5 minutes prior to filming and was very nervous.. but ever since I started my healthy clean eating and active lifestyle, I have adopted a new confidence that allows me to just go with whatever comes me way. So.. it was fun! And now i get to share it with you.
Have a great day and stay healthy.
Lots of love