What a beautiful week it has been! The weather is really warming up and I have made it out for 3 jogs already this week. My routine has slowly been changing... I go for a jog in the evenings and the next morning I get a "yoga" type workout in for 30 minutes. I feel that balances out my day and gives me my cardio but also some inner core strength training as well. It's been working nice for me and I hope to continue as the weather gets even warmer. Sean even joined me for a jog on Monday night, which was very nice :)
This recipe is a comfort dish that your men will probably love. I always look for recipes that Sean will like.. as a meat and potatos kind of guy. BUT I have to find creative ways to get veggie's in and make it taste great! This dish was delicious! It got sooo many veggies in but with so much flavor. It's the perfect side to any complete lean protein.
Cheesy Veggie Bake
- 2 medium potatos, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 can organic Vegatable soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. dash seasoning blend
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 light cheese of your choice
- Optional: 1 can of organic beans of your choice if your soup doesn't already have beans.
Inspired by: Love Veggies and Yoga
1) Layer everything in a 9" x 13" pan lined with foil. (In the order of potatos, carrots, veggies, pour over soup and water and then the seasonings)
2) Bake at 400 for 50-60 minutes or until everything is cooked. Stir every once in awhile. In the last 15 minutes, add the cheese.
I served Sean's with a piece of chicken and garlic toast. However, as I have mentioned I haven't been on the meat band wagon these days. So I plated mine with some of the coconut rice dish with avocado. My protein was the chickpeas and other beans in the veggie bake. It was delicious!! I loved it.
I hope you guys are enjoying your week. This weekend and next are going to be very busy for me so I hope to keep my eating clean! I will keep you updated :)
Lots of love,