Well, the week is finally over. Restricting sugar from my diet proved to be difficult but it was a great exercise. It went smooth other than Friday night I did treat myself to some dark chocolate :( lol. I wasn't too hard on myself though and bounced back really quick. I was able to fit all of my workouts in every morning last week which I was pleased with. It really gives me so much more energy for my day when I workout before I head out to face my day. So all in all it was a great week and I was happy with the outcome.
I think my next goal is going to be to try and shed 5 pounds. I am at that point right now where I am happy with everything, but I have that last 5-8 pounds to loose to be at my goal weight. Right now I fluctuate between 119-122 pounds. I would like to get to 115 and stay there. SO... I have 3 months before the warm weather arrives and I would like to make a promise here, in front of all of you that I will reach that goal. Don't get me wrong, I dont want you to think I feel like the number on the scale is super important. BUT I do feel that if I make sure my diet is 100% clean at all times, the rest will just fall into place. Everyone always has room for improvement :)
You all must be wondering what that beautiful picture is above!? It was Friday night's supper and it turned out delicious! It is a cleaned up lighter version of Chicken Divan. This is a perfect dish for a family or if you would like to have some leftover's for lunch the next day.
Chicken Divan [Cleaned Up]
- 3 Large heads of Broccoli, chopped
- 2-3 pieces of Skinless Boneless Chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta
- 1 Tbsp of Earth Balance (organic butter)
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Organic fat free Vegetable/Chicken broth
- 1 cup Skim milk
- 2 ounces white wine (optional)
- 5 ounces light Swiss/Mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle of grated [real] parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (I crumbled a Fiber Rye Wasa cracker into crumbs)
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- salt & pepper
Inspired by: Gina's Skinny taste
1) Cook the whole wheat pasta as directed on the box and set aside.
2) Steam broccoli for 3 minutes and then set aside.
3) Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Using a grill pan or Forman grill, saute chicken on medium-low heat on both sides until browned, and just about cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and transfer chicken to a cutting board. When cooled, slice chicken into bite sized pieces.
3) Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
4) Heat a medium skillet on medium heat. Add the earth balance and oil until melted and then add garlic and onion. Sprinkle the flour and ground flax and whisk until smooth. Stir in broth, milk and white wine (optional) and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in half of the swiss cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Arrange the broccoli and whole wheat pasta in a casserole dish and pour half of the sauce over the broccoli. Arrange the chicken on top and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle the remaining swiss cheese, grated parmesan and top with breadcrumbs. Spray a little oil on top.
6) Bake 30 minutes, serve hot
Well it's Monday and I have two ways to look at it... It's Monday :( OR Yahh its the begining of an amazing week and I am going to make the best of it. I think I'll take that one!!
This weekend I am attending Community Day: Organic Life Workshops in Fredericton, NB. It sounds very interesting and I opted for the $15 lunch consisting of all organic local foods. Very Excited. AND that means I get to go up and stay the night with baby Jacob and Mia!! http://acornorganic.org/communityday.html Tickets are only $25.
Have a great day!
Lots of Love,