Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?! lol
I am just lovin chickpeas these days. I mean I have always liked them and i liked hummus, but i LOVE them now. In all different ways. So far I have introduced you to hummus (pureed chickpeas), roasted chickpeas, and now grilled chickpeas!! I saw a photo on KathEats blog last week and even though she wasn't able to give out the recipe, I decided to try and figure it out by seeing the photo. It is somewhat of a Hawaiian stir fry and it is truly one of my favorites these days. Do I say that about all of them?! lol
[Hawaiin] Chickpea Stirfry
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 can of organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 a sweet potato, cubed (Microwave in a paper bag for 2 minutes first)
- 4 slices of pineapple, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- dash of curry
- dash of cilantro
- drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup
- sea salt and pepper to taste
1) Cook the brown rice and set it aside.
2) In a large pan on medium heat, add the oil and balsamic vinegar. In the meantime, microwave the sweet potato in a paper bag for 2 minutes.
3) Then, once your pan is heated up, add the chickpeas, pineapple, sweet potato, pineapple, red pepper and hemp hearts. Stir occasionally and let everything incorporate for about 7-10 minutes.
4) Once everything is nicely grilled up, add your spices and drizzle a tad bit of honey or maple syrup. Let it sit for another few minutes.
Once everything is all done, spoon the stirfry on top of a dish of brown rice. It looks sooo pretty.
I hope everyone had a romantic Valentine's Day. Did anyone try the clean lava cakes? Let me know what you thought.
I was one lucky girl and got flowers from Sean and he took me out for dinner. Wowzas! We went to Thandi's uptown Saint John and I got the Atlantic seafood dish with Salmon and Haddock braided together!! Yup! With sweet potato and veggies. I was proud of myself for staying on a clean routine even though we went out for dinner. Do you find it hard to stay on track when you eat out at a restaurant?
Well, the Bachelor is almost on so I think that is it for tonight. Happy Tuesday!! If I disappear for a day it only means that I have become an Aunt agaiN!!! Yes, my brother and sister in law are very close to having their second child... this time it is ganna be a boy! I'm so happy.
OH one more thing... I am attending a workshop Tuesday night (Feb 15th) at Naturally For Life called "How to Cut Through the Maze of Natural Health." It sounds very interesting... for those of your who are interested in attending, you can contact Terri Ann at 848-0044 to see if there are any tickets left ($10). I love learning new things about natural health so I will be sure to share my new learnings with you guys tomorrow!
Have a great day!
Lots of love <3