I had a very relaxing weekend. Sean was working so I really didn't do much. Come to think of it, I think I spent ALL morning on Sunday laying in the bedroom watching TV. It's fun doing that kind of stuff when you usually don't get a chance because your weekend are so busy. I also got out for a jog yesterday when I eventually got out of bed. It was a lot chillier than it looked but felt great to get out.
Saturday night Sean and I had a date night :) Those are my favorites. As I mentioned in a post last week, going out and partying at the bars isn't really in our routine anymore. So... it is just that much more special when we get out for a nice meal, a drink or two and the chance to get all dressed up! I loved it.
As I have mentioned many times before, it is nice to have clean snacks around the house so when you do feel like reaching for something... you have it! And you don't get your hands on something you will regret later. These bars are another great option to always have in your fridge! And they are soooo easy.
[No Bake] Chocolate Peanut Butter & Oat Energy Bars
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup dark Chocolate chips (or broken up pieces of a 70% cocoa choc bar that equals 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp organic Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp pure organic Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Hemp milk (or almond/skim milk)
- 1.5 cups of Organic rolled oats
1) Put the peanut butter, chocolate chips, vanilla and hemp milk all into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds increments until everything has melted together. It only took mine two rounds.
2) Add the oats & Chia seeds. Stir well. Mixture should be well moistened, but somewhat crumbly.
3) Then coat the 8 x 8 inch pan with some plastic wrap. Pour in the mixture . . . and use another piece of plastic wrap over your hand to press mixture until it's even.
4) Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Then cut into bars. I cut down the middle once and then I think got 6 from each side. So 12 in total. Wrap them up in saran wrap and put them in the fridge to grab when you are on the go and need some energy.
Inspired by: NeverHome Maker
Hope you guys are all doing well with your workouts. i got a wonderful 30 min workout in this morning to start my day off. I am really hoping the weather really starts to warm up very soon so I can start to jog in the mornings before work. Nothing beats a jog on a crisp weekday morning... I love it. Sean and I might be participating in the Saint John airport 5km run coming up. Here is some info if you are interested.
Have a great day!!
Lots of Love,