Thursday already! Wow, did I say that last week? I have been enjoying how spring has slowly been showing its face these days. The rain isn't so fun but it helps reveal the green beneath and I've even goten some jogs in!
Today I have two recipes for you! Yes two! This one is a goodie and even though there are many different variations this one was fun to try. Part one of the recipe is a 5 Minute Naan bread. Naan bread is delicious! And like most oher breads it usually takes a few hours to bake... BUT I have found a 5 minute version that I found was very interesting and tasted great! The best part about it is how few ingredients it has. After I baked it, I couldn't help but make it into a pizza! Yum!
5 Minute Naan
- 1 cup bread flour (I used whole wheat Speerville)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup water
- extra flour for rolling
Inspired by: Never Home] Maker
1) Whisk the bread flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
2) Slowly add the water and stir. Then you can start to knead with your hands. If it is a bit too sticky, add a bit more flour.
3) Divide into 4 balls.
4) Roll out each ball to about 5-6 inches in diameter in the shape of naan bread.
5) Spritz a pan with olive oil and heat on medium. Add one of the naan dough's to the hot pan and press down with a spatula. Cook until golden. Flip and repeat.
6) repeat with the other 3 balls of dough.
It's so easy and naan bread is perfect to cut into 4 pieces and have with hummus or any other type of clean dips.
Then I thought... Well it's supper time.. What else can I do to this. Pizza!! So I dressed the naan bread up with the following:
- Salsa (as the base)
- Spinach, chopped
- Peppers, chopped
- Chickpeas (crazy I know, but they were delicious)
- Kale, chopped
- Feta Cheese
- Sprinkle of Cheddar cheese
Then I put them into the oven for about 10 minutes. Until cheese is melted.
Another option for your own quick homemade pizza would be whole wheat pita bread! I am famous for my pita pizzas. They are quick, easy and soooo yummy.
This week I will be trying a "Socca". I hadn't heard of these before but it is a pizza crust base made of chickpea flour. It is very dense but it looks delicious and I definitely want to give it a try. Of course, I will keep you updated.
Well I hope you guys have a great day. This week has been amazing for my energy and getting my morning workouts in. This morning I even finished off with a few yoga poses and breathing techniques to give me lots of positive energy for the day.
Tonight (Thursday night) I am attending Simply for Life's cooking class out in Quispamsis with Keith and Nela again. Tonight's topic: Cooking with Kale!! If you are interested in attending, I am sure they would love to have you if they have any spots left. Call to enquire at 849-8809 or their facebook page is here.
Lots of love!