Fancy meeting you here!
Sorry I have been a bit slack these days guys. My regular laptop is on the fritz and the new [old] laptop I am using was having problems being compatible with uploading my photos. But I got something rigged so I can get it going again.
Last week was great. I really buckled down like I promised on Monday and ate very clean and worked out every morning. Its so funny because it makes such a big difference not only physically but also mentally when you change your eating habits back to your normal [clean] ways. You wonder why you ever went off the track to begin with. But it happens, and we have all been there! My tip to you... is that if you ever have an off meal, drink as MUCH water as you can for the rest of the day. It helps flush out the toxins and gets you back to normal in no time.
I will share some photos with you this week of some meals I was having last week. Some amazing big salads, lots of quinoa, beans and bunches of fruit! For today, I thought I would share with you a yummy dessert/breakfasty dish. It is a vegan strawberry apple crisp. Yummy! And if you make the homemade banana ice cream I posted a few weeks ago to go with it... you will get lots of smiling faces :)
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup organic Sucanat (or organic cane sugar)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raw almonds, processed until chunky
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Sucanat (or organic cane sugar)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Inspired by: OhSheGlows
1) Preheat oven to 400F and grease a 1.4L casserole dish. Peel and chop the apples and slice the strawberries. Place in a medium bowl along with all the rest of the filling ingredients and stir. Miz well.
2) In a food processor, place the almonds into the bowl and process until chunky. Add the rest of the ingredients for the topping and pulse just for a few seconds until just mixed. Do not over over mix. Pour half of this mixture into the apple mixture and stir.
3) Pour the apple mixture into the casserole dish and then sprinkle on the remaining almond topping on top of the filling.
4) COVER with tin foil with poked holes for 40 mins at 400F. Allow to cool for 10 mins before serving.
Speaking of apples!! If you are ever feeling like something sweet, and you don't want to munch on chocolate or something else unclean... here is the perfect solution for you! Apple slices and natural almond OR peanut butter. Sooo satisfying and its the perfect little snack. Just thought I would pass along this treat :)
Have a fabulous Monday!!
Lots of love,