Ok, so Sean and I were laying on the couch the other night and he joked about wanting to go to Dairy Queen for a blizzard because he was craving ice cream. We had just finished a beautiful clean supper, but he still wanted that something sweet. Then it dawned on me... I had remembered seeing a recipe on The Gracious Pantry the other day and couldn't wait to try it. Have you guessed what it is yet !?!?!?
Yup!! Homemade [clean] chocolate ice cream!!!
Everyone has to realize what a gem this is. I have been eating clean for quite a while now and I could never quite come up with anything that resembled chocolate ice cream like this does. And it is sooooo simple!!
[Clean] Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of Almond or Hemp milk (or skim milk)
- 1 Tbsp Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Organic Honey
1) The night before (or at all times) chop up two bananas and put them into a freezer bag and in the freezer.
2) Then, place the 2 frozen bananas into your food processor along with all of the other ingredients.
3) Blend! Just make sure you incorporate all the bananas so there are no chunks, but don't over blend.
You will be surprised how nicely it turns into a soft serve chocolate ice cream - banana flavored.
Serve it in your best martini dish with a cute little spoon. Your family will think you are a miracle worker.
Serves 2. Just double the recipe for 4/5 people.
Sean gave this recipe two thumbs up!!!! Even Bella loved it :)
OH and by the way... I am LOVE LOVE lovin the book I introduced to you guys the other day "The Kind Diet" by Alicia Silverstone. Just leting you know. I am far from finished. I told you... I am a slow reader :)
Have a great Wednesday!!
Lots of love,