Happy Wednesday Guys!!
It has been a great day. It was so beautiful out and the sun was shining all day. I got home and felt very tired after a busy day at work... I worked out this morning but a little voice inside kept telling me I should go for a jog. There I lay.. on the couch not sure if I was able to actually get my butt up. Then I remembered a post on the Eat Clean website this week that said "when you are feeling tired and having a blah day.. really PUSH yourself to get that work out in and it will make you feel better." So.. I got my workout gear on and went for a jog. It was such a nice night and then as I was doing my cool down walk towards the apartment building I came face to face with 4 beautiful deer!!! What a sight! They are such amazing animals and in the Greek culture they are very good luck to see. So all in all, I couldn't have made a better decision to get out and go for that jog tonight.
Today's recipe is a dish I LOVE to make on any occasion. It is great when I am home alone and just want to make something quick, and it is even good for both Sean and I paired with a nice side salad. Pita pizza's are just how they sound... a mini personal size pizza you make from pita bread. The combo is as follows:
[Superfood] Veggie Pita Pizza
- Organic whole wheat sprouted pita bread
- organic salsa [medium]
- organic chickpeas
- kale, chopped
- avocado, chopped
- light cheese
- feta cheese
Preheat your oven to 350.
1) Put about 2 scoops of salsa onto the pita bread and with a spoon, even it out.
2) Place your chickpeas on first. As many as you'd like! I get the canned organic chickpeas from the organic aisle. Make sure you drain and rinse them so you get rid of all the sodium.
3) Next I wash about a leaf of kale and chop it up into pieces and place it onto the pizza.
4) Then, I cut about a quarter of an avocado into cubes and place it on top.
5) Lastly I sprinkle for shredded light cheese on top. Don't put too much! You don't want to ruin the healthiness of the pizza. I also top it off with a tiny bit of feta... cause... i love it :)
6) Place it on a small pan and into the oven for about 10-12 minutes. Until the cheese is nicely melted and the pita bread crisps up. The base almost turns into a pita chip consistency.. so yummy!
7) Cut it into 4 triangles and it feels like a very satisfying meal.
This pizza is made with all organic foods (except the cheese, but you can fix that) and it is the perfect quick dish. If you have a partner that doesn't love clean foods... make them this and they will think you stopped at a pizza place on the way home!
*Tip - The organic sprouted pita bread is a great find at Sobey's in the freezer section. Only 99cents!! That is cheaper than most regular packages of pita bread!
I also wanted to share this find with you. I was at the bulk barn after work and found these All Natural Kamut puffed cakes.. they had a few different kinds but I grabbed the kind sweetened with Agave. They were $3.29 I think and thought I would give them a try. They are great! I put a little bit of almond butter on one and they almost tasted like a healthy version of the caramel rice cakes. I think it was a great purchase!!
Well that's it for today. I hope you are all having a great week.
Lots of love,