Tonight will be a quick post.. it has been a busy night but I wanted to share with you a new recipe I tried this evening. Kale Chips! I have been hearing more and more about them these days and have been wanting to try them, so I figure what better time than a quiet Thursday night :)
They were a lot easier to prepare than I thought. Quick and easy and a healthy snack for any time of the day.
1) Preheat your oven to 350.
2) Take the desired amount of kale leaves and rip the greens off the stem into bite size pieces.
3) Then put all of your greens into a bowl with cold water and use your hand to wash them. (yes, that is a band aid on my finger)
4) Drain the water out of the bowl and either use a salad spinner or paper towel to dry the greens VERY well! Make sure they are dry or else you will end up steaming them instead of crisping them.
5) Once the kale is dry, place it onto a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper (or sprayed),
6) Drizzle with 2tsp of extra virgin olive oil and then sprinkle with sea salt and parmesan. OR whatever seasoning of your choice.
7) Bake for 15 minutes until edges are brown and kale is crispy. Enjoy!
These were good but not my favorite. I might not have seasoned them as much as I should have since I skimped on some of the salt. But overall def something i will try again. Let me know what you guys think!
It's been a busy week and I am glad tomorrow is Friday. Sean and I have planned a date night tomorrow night... just a quiet dinner out to spend some quality time together and reflect on the week.
This week my goal has been to really focus on my posture. Back straight and Core tight! Very important when working at a desk job all day long!
The night before we spent some time organizing our kitchen and pantry. Our space is pretty limited so we have to make the most of it. I even found some great stainless steal containers for all my little ingredients I use daily. Take a look! OH and our baby girl helped too! She supervised ;)
Have a great weekend. Be active and stay healthy!
Lot of love