Happy Shrove Tuesday! Which means... we all get pancakes for supper :) Yippee!
I thought I would try and help you guys out and post this clean recipe for pancakes not only because they were very yummy but because they are just so darn pretty!
I tried these a couple weekends ago and surprised Sean when he woke up. He loved the presentation... but they didn't last long lol. We both gobbled up our pancakes and our empty plates laid in front of us while we relaxed. It was one of those picturesque Sunday mornings.
Banana Coconut Flax Pancakes [serves 1]
- 2 Tbsp Coconut flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour, but i did end up finding coconut flour at Bulk barn afterwards)
- 2 Tbsp Ground flax
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 3Tbsp organic coconut milk (or if you use skim milk decrease 1 Tbsp)
- 1 free range egg
- 2 free range egg whites
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil for cooking
Inspired by: Edible Perspective
(I doubled the recipe for both Sean and I)
1) Blend the eggs on high in a blender for about 30 seconds
2) Add all the other ingredients to the blender on medium for about another 30 seconds
3) Let the batter sits for about 5 minutes to let it thicken. Important step.
- 1/2 c Plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Pom juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Mix well and serve on top of your pancakes!
(You can substitiute the Pom juice for anything like that... even juice from your strawberries:)
4) While you let the batter thicken, let your pan heat up on medium.
5) Pour enough batter into the pan for one pancake and cook about 4-5 minutes on each side (until brown).
These pancake were delicious! After I made these I found another recipe that looks very unique that I wanted to show you guys. These were posted by Jessica Seinfeld and they just look so incredibly wholesome. Take a look!
Well have a great day everyone!!
Lots of love,